Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Marathon Beard

14 miles that mentally sucked the life out of me today...... Done!!! Got them done before the snow storm that's headed our way... and I'm glad they are done! This run sucked!

-

I haven't shaved my beard since mid December. Usually by now it would be driving me crazy. But since it's been a cold winter, it hasn't really bothered me much. My family calls it my "Angry" beard. I like to refer to it as my "Marathon" beard.....


 It's been doing me good and keeping me warm during my training. My goal is not to shave it 'til after Marathon day - April 15th.


Bring it Boston!! I'll run your streets with my Angry beard and show you!!

-

Have a great weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

The Unexpected Runner said...

Haha! Hope it's not a hot day in Boston ;)

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Man that is awesome - I've grown a PR Beard a couple of times, but it paled in comparison my friend. My compliments!

Kenley said...

That's pretty awesome man. I would try, but my wife would not let me. lol. April 15th, ain't got nothing on you.

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Keep going through the sucky runs. A good one is around the corner. I've tried a goatee. Can't seem to fill it in well but I usually shave it too quickly since it drives me crazy.

Char said...

Even a sucky run is good. Or at least better than no run at all. Which is more than I can say for the beard. I've been married to a man who was bearded for many years and quite frankly from a wife's perspective clean shaven is sexier! Not that you'll care if you're in the middle of marathon training.